Sunday, February 21, 2016

Look What I Found Inside My TV.

I consider myself a clean person. I have even been known to spend hours detail cleaning things that no one else would consider dirty. BUT never did I imagine I would spend 3 hours cleaning the inside of my TV.





Samsung TV
Our Samsung TV has been acting weird for awhile. Sometimes when it is turned on, it has pixel-ed lines running vertical through it. I can see the picture behind these lines but it is blurry. Then it goes black for a few seconds and a normal screen appears. 

The fun part is when it decides to add a high pitched squeal to these lovely lines. The sound would wake the dead and there is no way to stop it. We just have to go wait it out. My favorite time for this to happen is when my husband can't sleep and decides to turn the TV on. FUN

We started by having AT&T send us a new U-verse box, hoping it was that. It work for a few days and then back to the lines again. We called Samsung and they did a few tech. things via the phone to no avail. So we went to the internet and got some advice.

The suggestion was to take it apart and clean out the back. We figured there was nothing to lose, so we did just that and here is what we found. DISGUSTING

Inside Our TV- REALLY

Though it didn't fix the problem - it was a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment