I started with the Transformed Spinach Mushroom Quiche recipe from allrecipes.com.
With a few simple adjustments, I made a great quiche that my whole family could enjoy.
|Gluten-Free Spinach & Mushroom Quiche|
3/4 cup of alternative milk (I used 1/4 coconut milk & 1/2 cashew milk)
1 tbs of fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 black pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 onion chopped
5 oz spinach
8 oz mushrooms
1 tablespoon of oil
For the cheese I used:
4 oz of goat feta crumbled
8 oz of goat Gouda shredded
1. Use my Gluten-Free Flaky Pie Crust recipe or a pre-made gluten-free pie crust.
2. Preheat oven to bake 425
3. Place the prepared crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Line the pan with parchment paper and place dried pinto beans in the pie pan on top of the parchment paper to prevent the crust from the pie crust from bubbling while being pre-baked. Bake the pie crust for 7 minutes and remove. Remove the beans and parchment paper. Cool for a least 5 minutes before putting quiche mixture into the crust.
4. Reduce the oven to 325 degrees.
5. Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg together.
6. Heat a pan with the oil and then lightly saute' spinach, mushrooms, onions. Remove from heat and add the feta cheese so that it starts to melt.
7. Place the sauteed mixture in the bottom of the pan. Add 1/2 the hard cheese,
8. Add egg mixture and the swirl so the ingredients are evenly spread out.
9. Top with the remaining 1/2 of the hard cheese.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes. The quiche should be puffy and browned. I use my finger to feel if it is firm enough but a toothpick can be used also. Place the toothpick in the center of the quiche. It should come out clean.
11. Let cool for 30 minutes and serve.