Thursday, March 19, 2015

Beware of Sea Salt and Caramel

The Expo always features new items but this is the 1st year I have seen such a running theme.
Sea Salt and Caramel Products were everywhere! Most look delicious but I have to be honest many of the new Sea Salt and Caramel products were not good. Some were even inedible in my opinion. 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes


I tried Salted Caramel Coconut Ice cream by several vendors. 
I even tasted Salted Caramel Goat ice Cream.
There was Salted caramel cookies, crackers, chips, pita chips and chocolate.
I would not buy any of them. 

Sea salt and caramel are flavor profiles I enjoy, so it really surprised me how distasteful some of the items were. I heard comments throughout the day about this combination so the big question is why these companies insisted on featuring sea salt and caramel products at the Expo.

I chose a photo that was nondescript to avoid pointing a finger at one specific brand. I have never tried these cupcakes and thank trophycupcakes.com for the beautiful photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment