Thursday, February 12, 2015

Disappointed at Red Robin Restaurant



I am so upset with the Red Robin Restaurant Chain that I have to share my experience with you. 
Red Robin in Costa Mesa, CA is NOT Gluten-Free Friendly!

My husband and I were at the mall last night and needed food. I remembered there is a Red Robin's across the street and had heard they have a gluten-free menu. Many gluten-free restaurant sites include Red Robin. The reviews are mixed. 
You can check out these sites for future at:


So we went to the Red Robin across from South Coast Plaza in Santa Anna /Costa Mesa, CA.  I asked the hostess if they had a gluten-free menu and was informed that they don't have a hard copy of the gluten-free menu and I would have to go online to see it. I was told they have note card with a bar code so I can scan it and go to the site BUT they couldn't find it. 

Not surprising since the draws and cabinets were filled with "stuff". The chaos and dirt in the draws and cabinets, that can be seen so easily by the customers, was unnerving and I began to wonder what the kitchen looked like. 


I also wondered what people without smart phones would do in this restaurant, and so I asked. The manager happened to come to the front desk just as I asked and the hostess asked him. He said I could use their IPAD and walked way.  Left to my own devices and never having used an IPAD, I walked out of the place and plan to NEVER return.


If they are so unable to produce a gluten-free menu, how am I supposed to trust that they will serve me safe food. 

Please comment and let us know what gluten-free sites you use to find reliable gluten-free restaurants .

No comments:

Post a Comment