Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Loving This Hoilday Season!!

I have been having lots of fun the last few weeks and have not posted this week. My apologizes. Truthfully jet lag got the better of me. I usually do not suffer this long from jet lag but this NY trip was different. It took 5 days to recuperate  from the trip. I am finally back on CA time and feeling alert and creative again. I now have the energy to continue my holiday adventure.

As a child, I loved the holiday's. For me, it meant the smell of homemade cookies, meat sauce brewing on the stove for hours, the sounds of gifts being wrapped and joy... Family gathering together for days, laughing, talking, and playing games are all memories I carry with me. I have taken many of these traditions into my adult life. This year is no different.
Loving This Holiday Season


We spent Thanksgiving in New York with friends and family. I could write a screen play about the week. My loving dysfunctional family's antics filled the air. (I am no exception). We celebrated a wedding, Thanksgiving, birthdays and adventures. I used to see these dysfunctions as a bad thing but this visit was different. I watched and listened with so much love for these people that the craziness I once viewed as a negative thing just felt like home.

Why the shift in perception? I felt so loved from everyone. The care my family took to ensure that Richard and my food was gluten-free and dairy-free was so touching that I could tear up right now as I write about it.

This is my 2nd NY trip since changing the way I eat and I am very impressed with how much everyone has learned since the last visit. There was no celery (I am deadly allergic to it) in anyone's home this trip. The chicken broth used in some of the meals was the brand without celery. Meals were made with gluten-free and dairy-free options, and the gluten-free food was displayed separately. 

The sweetest act of love, was on Thanksgiving! We were staying at my niece's house. I prepared some GF/DF side dishes as well as GF/DF dessert. My niece's (now husband) planned to fry the turkey. He purchased 2 turkeys and borrowed a second fryer so we could have a regular turkey and a gluten-free turkey. You can not get any more caring then that.

Thank you to all of my friends and family for your heart felt love and concern! 

Photo by: http://ezdecorating.blogspot.com/2012/11/delightful-christmas-ornaments.html











No comments:

Post a Comment