Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Milk with "Whipped Cream"

The weather in Southern California has cooled down and the feeling of fall is in the air. Nature appears to be very happy for the weather shift, The birds are singing, the trees and plants seem greener and there is a delicate breeze in the air.

I woke up craving hot cocoa, so I searched through my recipe book to find my dairy-free and gluten-free hot cocoa recipe. I wish I can give credit to the person I got this recipe from, but truthfully I have had it so long, that I do not know. A general thank you to the magazine, chef or friend who introduced this recipe to me.

This drink makes a great holiday treat. Waking up Christmas morning to a cup of cocoa, presents and loved ones. What could be better?
Wonderful Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate

Dairy-Free Chocolate Milk: 
Single Serving Ingredients:
1 cup of milk alternative. (I use Almond milk)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 3/4 tablespoons of cocoa ( I use Traders Joes)
So Delicious Coco Whip (optional) 


4 Cup Size Serving Ingredients:
4 cups of milk alternative. (I use Almond milk)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa ( I use Traders Joes)
So Delicious Coco Whip (optional)


Instructions:
1. Heat a small sauce pan, on medium heat.
2. Place sugar and cocoa in the pan and warm for 45 seconds. Stir with a spatula continually.
3. Slowly pour in milk and stir,
4. Do not let it boil.
5, Take of heat and pour in mug.
6. Place a large dollop of So Delicious on top and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment