Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Can We Transfer Our Emotional Pain Into Food Allergies?

Just when I thought I had dealt with all the emotional reasons for having food allergies, I go out to a GF bakery/ eatery and have an allergic reaction. I did all my usual barge of questions before  ordering. I was given the go ahead for the meal I was ordering. The food was delicious.

About an hour after eating, I was talking with friends and noticed I was scratching the palms of my hands - a lot. For me, this is usually the first sign that an anaphylaxis reaction is right around the corner. I calmly went to the ladies room and washed my hands to be sure it was not something I touched. I took a homeopathic remedy which can stop or slow down the reaction depending on how serious it is. Then I excused myself and went home. 
Epi Pen and Apis Homeopathic Remedy


I took another natural remedy and tried to relax and see if the worst of it would pass. IT DID! I had almost immediate cold like symptoms and woke up with swollen glands and a stuffy nose. The digestive discomfort followed. These symptoms have lasted 8 days. I woke up this morning and appear to be better.

I am clear this was not a diary or gluten reaction but a food allergy. For those who are new to this blog- I have many anaphylaxis food allergies.Lucky it has 20 years since I had a full blown anaphylaxis reaction due to my neurotic questions and caution. 

I recently started a conversation about how we put pain in our bodies and I brought up the question of self healing in a previous blog. I feel it was only fair to say; I tried and this time I had to ride it out. I mediated, tried the Sedona method, and anything else I could think of. I tried raw garlic and many other remedies but true to my allergy reactions - I had to wait it out.

Yesterday my friend gave me a "cough" type drop with On Guard essential oils from Do-Terra. I have to say it could be a coincidence but I believe it stopped the reaction and for the first time in days I am feeling good. 

I truly believe that some food allergies are due to serious emotional damage done in the past. Why am I the only sibling who suffers from serious food allergies? I think I transferred my emotional pain into food issues. I pray that I find a way to resolve this. 

I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the subject>

No comments:

Post a Comment