Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Often Wonder - Robin Williams

I have often wondered what it would be like to be in a comedians head like  Robin Williams or Jim Carrey. Then I think - that is the last place I want to be. It has taken me a lifetime to slow down my mind and find a way to mediate and be quiet. And believe me this has been the biggest miracle in my life as my brain used to be firing all the time. 

 I do not have a comedians wit. My thoughts are always about how to create or build something; a family, a business,etc. When it comes to learning something new, I jump in feet first and have to be reminded to come up for air.  I rarely do something half way. Even when exploring spirituality, I went full throttle at first.

So I kinda understand that the very thing that makes these men such brilliant comedians is the very thing that must drive them to the brink.  Their lightening speed wit and constant motion must make it difficult to quiet their minds. Every person, image or scenario is inspiration for their craft. How do they even do the simplest things like take a walk or play with a child without writing scripts in their head. It must be exhausting!

May Robin Williams Rest In Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment