Thursday, June 5, 2014

What To Do with Spaghetti Squash?

My Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust has had people talking. Several people said they do not know what to do with spaghetti squash. Spaghetti Squash is a great food to have in the house. I use it as filler for many meals. It makes a great pasta substitute. It is low in calories,
filled with vitamins and nutrients and is firm in texture. For detailed nutritional information go to
SELF Nutritional Data. 
 
Gluten-Free Spaghetti Squash Recipes

It is simple to prepare. I slice it in half -lengthwise and remove the excess strings and all the seeds.
I place it in a glass pan and add 1/2 inch of water. Place in a pre-heated oven (375 degrees) and bake for 25 -30 minutes. If a fork can easily go through the skin then it is cooked. After it cools down , use a fork to scrape out the threads of squash.

Here are some recipes that I have tried and enjoyed:
Spaghetti Squash with Coriander: I just created this today. I took leftover spaghetti squash and placed it in a pre-heated pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Then I added black pepper, sea salt and coriander to taste. I had approximate 2 cups of squash so I used a 1/4 teaspoon of coriander, salt and pepper.  I cooked it until it was slightly crisp on the outside. My husband was a big fan of this recipe.
Spaghetti Squash with Pesto: Go to the Recipe tab to find 2 of my pesto recipes. 
Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust: I created a crust out of spaghetti squash. You can find it under the Recipe tab. 
Spaghetti Squash I is a simple basil, garlic, tomato squash salad, by allrecipes.com: 
Spaghetti Squash with Marina by FoodNetwork. 
           I sometimes use a jarred Organic Marina sauce to simplify the process.
Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce: by Dashing Dish
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Butter: by Steamy Kitchen, I would use a butter substitute.

Thank you to finecooking.com for the photo image.

No comments:

Post a Comment