Thursday, May 7, 2015

Gluten-ed Again!

As I mentioned on my last blog post. I came home from a week in Idaho ill. My throat has been very sore, I have been hoarse, and extremely fatigued. I thought I had the flu BUT it ends up I was gluten-ed.....

I went to see Dr. Costa today because I have been struggling to heal for the last 12 days, and wanted to know if it was viral or bacterial.  Neither tested positive but my adrenals are low, my histamine count is high, and my thyroid (Hashimoto) tests extremely agitated. Dr. Costa believes gluten is the culprit.

I usually know if I am gluten-ed because my thyroid swells and it is difficult to swallow within 30 minutes of eating gluten.  I have never had such intense fatigue and a throat so painful I thought I had strep throat. 

I am not aware of being gluten by eating food. That being said, those adorable children I hung out with eat gluten and I was there to pour the cereal, toast the bread, and hand out the snacks.  I didn't think about the fact that I was breathing in  particles of gluten. So much so that it must have built up over time and wham - Sick for the last 12 days. 

Now for the healing process. Supplements to heal, supplements to support, acupuncture and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment