|Gluten-Free Noodle Kugel|Serves Cook Time Total Time Prep Time Publisher 6-8 35 minutes 1 hour 10 minutes 15 minutes Marianzg
4 tbsp of alternative butter such as Earth Balance
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of organic golden raisins
1/2 cup of organic Thompson raisins
1 medium Granny Smith apple. (peeled and chopped)
2 tbsp honey
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp sea salt
1 20 oz can of unsweetened organic crushed pineapple
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees & start boiling water in large pot to cook GF noodles.
- In medium pan, melt butter alternative. Sauteed cinnamon and apples for a few minutes.
- Add raisins and honey
- Place GF noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. It needs to be al dente.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sauteed mix to noodles, immediately. I use a spatula to scrape out all the juice in the pan.
- Add eggs and salt, stir.
- Add pineapple and all the juice from the can.
- Put in a greased 9 x !3 pan.
- Add a shake of cinnamon on top. Dot with reminding butter alternative. Bake for 35 minutes.
- 1. This recipe works with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites.2. Canned pineapple works best. Organic canned pineapple is usually chucks and not crushed, so I crush it.3. You can substitute prunes, dried apricots, or any dried fruit for raisins.
Moosehead Cookbook by Mollie Katzen