Thursday, April 9, 2015

Kitchen Chaos

Anyone ever have to deal with a leak under their kitchen sink that led to a mold issue? Trust me - it isn't fun.

Many people who are having a remodel can eat out or take in food with ease. But not people with food issues and allergies.Between Richard and I eating out is more of a challenge then figuring out how to create food in a limited space.
 
I have been without a functioning kitchen for  3 weeks.My kitchen is walled in plastic. After all the appropriate people came and reviewed the issue, the mold repair people came and removed the sink and 3 cabinets. Then the wait. It has been 3 weeks since the demo. Insurance issues have been resolved and tomorrow there build starts.

I created a make shift kitchen in my dining room. The refrigerator stands at the entrance like a soldier guarding the queen. Card tables are set up in a rectangular configuration so that pots, pans, dishes etc are accessible.  A small book shelf is now my limited pantry.I bought a hot plate by Faber-ware for $29.99. I didn't expect much from it but let me tell you it has been a life saver.
Faberware Hot Plate
Yesterday I replaced my small toaster oven with a Cuisinart Convection oven. Hopefully it will improve my meals options.
Cuisinart Convection Oven


Please be patient with my blogging as I work out of the house and chaos is not my best environment for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment