Sunday, November 23, 2014

Gluten-Free Mexican Chicken Stew by eZG

Gluten-Free Mexican Chicken Stew by eZG


Richard and I are not fans of the dark meat of a chicken. The question is, what do I do with the dark meat after I have made a roasted chicken. 
I sometimes make pot pie, enchiladas, tacos, and stews.

This is by far my favorite dark meat creation.

I already had homemade chicken bone broth defrosting in the refrigerator and all the spices I needed including cilantro & lime, so I throw this together.  Wow -it was great. I can't wait to make it again.



Recipe:
1 1/2 to 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
14 oz of gluten-free chicken broth
3 large carrots - chopped
1 medium onion - peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves- peeled and minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup butternut squash - peeled and cubed ( I used already cooked squash)
1 large or 2 small zucchini - chopped
1/2  tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp of gluten-free hot sauce ( I used Cholulu)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 pound of gluten-free pasta
cilantro
lime

Instructions:
1. Heat a large pot and add olive oil. Add onions and saute until translucent. 
2. Add chicken broth, chicken, carrots, zucchini, butternut squash, hot sauce, salt & pepper.
3. Cook on medium/low heat for 45 minutes. 
4. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Pasta may take a few minutes longer then the box instructions suggest.
5. Serve and add cilantro and lime to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment