Sunday, September 21, 2014

McDonald's For Breakfast, Really!

I accept that my family and I do not eat like most of the families in America. 
BUT McDonald's for breakfast, really.

I want to start with part of McDonald's Mission & Value statement . 
McDonald's brand mission is to be our customers' favorite place and way to eat and drink...
"By have way things looked the other day at McDonald's in Fullerton, CA  they fulfilled their goals. In the hour I was there, I am guessing over 80 people came and went.

 Why was I at McDonald's in the first place, you may ask. In my defense, my husband hurt his hand and could not drive to meet a client, so I drove. The client had asked him to met her at the McDonald's in Fullerton at 8:30a.m.  I had not interest in going inside, so I waited outside while they met. It was an eye opening experience. Wow do I live in a food bubble.

McDonald's in Fullerton, CA
People really do go to McDonald's for breakfast and not just for their morning cup of coffee. The place was so busy that they had a person stationed outside by the drive thru to take orders so that the line would not end up in the street. Half the tables were filled inside and many people came and went with bags of food. 

A Person Taking Orders Outside McDonald's
I am left bewildered at this phenomenon.  How long does it take to fry up an egg and make some toast at home. No longer then the time it took those people the other day to park the car, go in and order and wait for their food,. And as for the drive thru, there was a very long continuous line.  

My point is rather simple, the fact people put food in their stomachs so that they do not feel hungry is not the same as putting nutritional rich food into their bodies. Foods filled with useless calories and fats, may taste good to some people but it is in no way healthy or good for you. 


A very short history of McDonald's:
In 1940, Dick and Mac McDonald's opened a car hop style Bar-BQ restaurant in San Bernardino, CA. Eight years later they converted this restaurant to a Fast Food hamburger joint, featuring .15 cent hamburgers. The menu had only 9 items on it. In 1955, the now famous french fries were added to replace the potato chips that were being served.In 1953, the Golden Arches were designed by Stanley Meston and the rest is history.  





References:
Photos: Marian Z Geringer
http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/our_story/our_history.html
http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/our_company/mcdonalds_history_timeline.html?DCSext.destination=http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/our_company/mcd_history.html
http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/our_company/mission_and_values.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment