Thursday, August 21, 2014

Do We Store Our Feelings In Our Bodies?

I had an OMG thought about autoimmune diseases the other day and was wondering what you think. Autoimmune Diseases are described, by Medical Plus as, " An autoimmune disorder occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys healthy body tissue by mistake. There are more than 80 types of autoimmune disorders."

I believe that people subconsciously store emotional pain in various places in their bodies. 
I have 2 personal examples to share:

We can make ourselves sick. As a child I had to deal with a lot of emotional "difficulties." In addition, I was the 3rd child in 3 1/2 years and later the middle child of 5. I got very little attention. I learned early on in life that one of the only ways to get attention was to be sick. I became the child in the family that suffered from allergies, colds and a variety of other illnesses.

 I took this subconscious survival technique to my adulthood until I was confronted by my therapist. My therapist had me do a week long exercise where I placed my hand on the part of my body that was in discomfort then related it to an emotional issue I was facing. I then had to say, "It is not an option to place my emotions in my body." 
I was shock to discover that I had to do this numerous times a day. I continued the exercise for a very long time.

This photo by emotional-body-maps demonstrates how a person can store their feelings in their body.


Later in life, I discovered the Sedona Method by Hale Dworskin. 
Lester Levenson created the Sedona Method because (to summarize several pages) he was a very ill man, who lived an unhappy life. As a physicist he understood energy. At one point in his life he realized, he had placed all this negative energy in his body, which made him ill. If he placed it there, he theorized that he could then remove it.  
 

"The Sedona Method is a unique, simple, powerful, easy-to-learn and duplicate technique that shows you how to uncover your natural ability to let go of any painful or unwanted feeling in the moment. The Sedona Method consists of a series of questions you ask yourself that lead your awareness to what you are feeling in the moment and gently guide you into the experience of letting go."

This method of releasing stored pain has helped me heal so many of my physical issues. 

This thought process has lead me to these questions, "Is one of the reasons people experience Autoimmune Diseases is because we have subconsciously created an unhealthy environment in our bodies, which has lead our bodies to attack itself?  And if so, "Does that mean we can help heal ourselves by releasing the emotionally store negative energy?

LET'S START A CONVERSATION!    WHAT DO YOU THINK? 

The photo is linked to emotional-body-maps at http://litbloc.com/category/life-culture/health/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment