Saturday, February 22, 2014

Living in the Moment

Five years ago I suffered from a concussion. The concussion symptoms lasted 18 months. I could not tolerate noise, light or any kind of stimulation. I was not able to go to a grocery store or be around too many people. The headaches were constant. 

I spent the first month or so laying on my bed with the windows and door shut. I took a pillow case and folded it in four the long way and placed it over my eyes to prevent any light from shining through. 

I spent hours quietly laying there and BEING.

My short term memory was affected, so I really did not worry about what needed to be done or who I needed to talk to. 

Though this sounds terrible to some people and many people  have asked me how I could have laid there for hours not doing anything - the truth is it was one of the best gifts I have ever received. 

The gift of the MOMENT!  I truly spent days upon days just living in the MOMENT. 

For anyone who knew me before, they can tell you I did not have patience nor did I sit still. I was always moving and doing. I even mediated while I was walking. 

So this stillness was a very new thing for me.

Today I am cleared minded, memory back and working well. I am busy creating and doing. BUT in a much different way then before. I work in a rhythm I did not have before. I stop to spend time with those I love and I am clear on the priorities in my life. I love living in the NOW.            
                    
                   This moment - this place - this time. 

A.A. Miline said it best. 

Thank you to The Gratitude Habit and Zen to Zany for posting this on Facebook. It has inspired me to share my story.  








No comments:

Post a Comment