Sunday, February 16, 2014

Life Is A Gift - So Live It Now!


My friends range from little Bree, 2 years old, to several friends in their early 70's. I rarely look at them and think about their age or how long a life they may live. But this morning is different. Ralph Waite (Papa Walton) died this week, at the age of 85. Richard, my husband, commented that it appeared he had a good long life.That comment has been sitting with me ever since. 

What is a good long life? 

For the 1st time in my life, I have stopped to contemplate the thought that I have far fewer years in front of me than behind me. I am not afraid of death.I have known death most of my life. I come from a large Italian family and can't remember a time my mom and dad weren't going to someone's funeral.  I remember the 1st death that hit me hard and forced me to understand what death means to those left behind.I lost my 1st friend, Lawrence, to cancer at the age of 10. His death has had a profound impact on how I live my life.

This post is not about death, IT IS ABOUT HOW WE DECIDE TO SPEND THE REST OF OUR LIVES. What kind of quality of life do you want to live?  What decisions can you make to improve your quality of life? It is about putting aside old ideas and embracing new ones. It is about asking yourself what one thing can I change today to be the best "ME" I can be. And it is about asking yourself that question every single day.

I have known the answer to that for months but have struggled to act on it. I love to work out. The gym is a place of solace for me. I feel empowered and strong when I work out. Yet I allowed an emotional experience to get to me which in turn effected my health. I had to stopped working out for a while. The while has turned into months. The questions is, why would I waste another day not feeling strong and powerful?

Our Health is KEY to being the best person we can be. For me a good long life means being emotionally happy, spiritually connected and physically healthy, so that I can spend quality time with the people I love. A quality life for me also means reaching out and being there for others when they need it, so I better be there for me 1st.

What do you need to do to get healthier?

Is it...?



  • Eating healthier
  • Choosing Whole foods verse Processed Foods
  • Reducing or eliminating sugar
  • Learning how to eat healthy fats vs unhealthy fats
  • Eliminating gluten and/or dairy to improve your digestion/health
  • Doing a cleanse to heal your body
  • Finding ways to reduce the medication you are on, by looking for alternatives.
  •  
  • Finding a spiritual path 
  •  
  • Getting counseling so you can heal emotional issue
  • Talking with someone you trust to figure out what is holding you back
  •  
  • Exercising (whether that is walking around the block or going to the gym) start now.

              Whatever it is please do not waste another minute! 
                             Life is a gift,  so live it NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment