Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Haze is Lifting!


Hello everyone! I am finally coming out of the holiday haze and want to share a great experience I had this week.  I have many family birthdays this month and 12 of them between Dec 21 - Dec 31st. March is definitely a cold month!

My husband, his twin and my sister's birthdays is December 23rd. A challenging time to celebrate to say the least. This year we went to the  Bru Grill in Lake Forest, CA.  It was an amazing and joyful experience. 4 of us are gluten-free and all 5 of us are dairy-free. Even in the midst of this crowded restaurant, we enjoyed a fabulous meal that was specially prepared for us. The food is great, the service even better, and the place was decorated beautifully.

Though they do not have a specific allergen or gluten-free menu, they have many options.  Let's start with the fact that they have a separate allergen cooking area. Oh yes, all the staff are trained and understand allergies and gluten issues.They have gluten-free flat-bread &  pasta, both which are delicious. The french frier is a gluten-free dedicated fryer, so I ordered a side dish and had french fries for the first time in years. (I only eat a few because I am not used to fried foods and didn't like them as much as I used to) Almost any meal can be convert to gluten-free and, if not, the staff is the first to know. As for dairy-free, none of us had a problem finding exactly what we wanted.

I can't remember a time that we all went out to dinner and were so relaxed and enjoyed a wonderful meal, knowing we were safe.

I hope you have a great go to safe-haven, also. 







No comments:

Post a Comment