Friday, November 15, 2013

The Creation of eZ Gluten-Free Life



Hi, I am Marian Z Geringer, the creator of eZ Gluten-Free Life. Several years ago, I began researching the many aspects of how to live a gluten-free lifestyle and experienced the feeling of frustration, as I muddled through the layers of information on the topic. I began to imagine a simpler, step by step process that would unravel the information. My wish is that the eZ Gluten-Free Life blog will help you make easy, educated gluten-free decisions for you and your loved ones.

Within a one year period, my immediate family and I have had to make profound changes in our diet. The learning process began when my daughter was told to go gluten and dairy-free. I spent endless hours reading labels in the stores and searching through books and web pages. It was time consuming but I found that I enjoyed learning about the various health issues related to gluten and food intolerance's. Even after I had enough information to feel safe about my daughter’s diet, I still wanted more information.


I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and Leaky Gut, a year after my daughter was diagnosed. Even with all the preliminary work I had done over that year, I was left bewildered and overwhelmed when I was told that I had to be careful of cross contamination. I searched “high and low” for a detailed “how to live gluten-free” that was informative and thorough. What I found was lengthy books (most discussing Celiacs Disease) and most had some conflicting information. There are pamphlets out there on how to get started but they lack the detail one needs to get beyond the basics. Though this information answered some of my questions, they did not provide a detailed step by step plan.

What has become quite clear to me is that no one group, individual or organization has clear answers to all the abstract questions about gluten. Is there gluten in distilled alcoholic drinks, what about flavored coffee or tea? Do you need to worry about toothpaste, shampoo, or body care products? Is maltodextrin gluten-free in some countries but not others? What things in the kitchen need to be replaced in order to prevent cross contamination? Even "how to test for gluten-related disorders" is controversial. The questions are endless and even seasoned gluten-free veterans are asking the questions. 

Doctors and research labs are still trying to find ways to get the answers. Both traditional medical doctors and alternative doctors are working to develop quality testing and set up protocols to follow. There are many different opinions.  Learning which approaches are available and which are best for you is important.

I have chosen to empower myself with as much knowledge as possible. Learning which organizations have the most up–to-date resources and research has helped the process. Looking into the history of organizations, bakeries, restaurants and stores has helped me figure out what motivates them. Figuring out what motivates a company to be gluten-free can also give insight.

Living gluten-free is like learning an intricate dance. It is challenging, demanding and interesting. It takes practice, time and even some pain (emotionally) but the rewards of good health are well worth facing the challenges. Let's face these challenges together. 



eZ Gluten-Free mission is to help people find the fun and ease in learning to live gluten-free.




No comments:

Post a Comment